Baltimore-Washington Medical Center
Glen Burnie, MD
The Women’s Care and Inpatient Tower is a 245,000 square foot, 180 patient room, 10-story addition to the Baltimore Washington Medical Center. Administrative and support services are housed in the lower and first floor levels.
89 Medical/Surgical beds, 36 Women’s Center inpatient beds, 5 dialysis beds and 24 Intensive Care beds complete with an obstetrics unit and staff rooms are located on the second through sixth floors. The seventh and eighth floor fit out is planned for the near future. Mechanical equipment is contained in the top penthouse level. The new tower has its own entrance but will connect to the existing medical center building on all six patient levels.
Bell installed the mechanical, plumbing and medical gas systems which include:
2 - 102,000 cfm Air Handling Units,
- 45,000 cfm rooftop Air Handling Unit with associated HVAC ductwork
- 1,000 ton Chiller with associated pumps and piping
- 2 – 500 ton cooling towers with associated pumps and piping
- 14,280 cfm isolation exhaust ductwork system
- 7,000 lbs/hr. clean steam generator, humidifiers and associated piping
- Medical Air Compressor
- Heating and Domestic water heating plant
- Medical gas, oxygen and vacuum distribution system