Bell is performing the plumbing scope of work for the Simons Center for the Arts Additions and Renovations project in Charleston, South Carolina. The project includes renovation of approximately 87,365 square feet. Around 10,893 square feet will be demolished, and 22,871 square feet of new building space will be constructed. When the renovation is complete, the updated Simons Center will feature just over 99,000 square feet of classroom and performance space.
In addition to new plumbing systems, upgrades will include:
• New seminar classrooms, as well as updated and enlarged classroom spaces
• A new two-story black box theater
• A state-of-the-art costume shop, scene shop and theater design studio
• All new sculpture, printmaking and drawing studios
• A digital lab and gallery/multipurpose room
• New music practice rooms and revamped dressing room spaces
Construction will run through 2022, with major completion tentatively scheduled for the spring of 2023.